Thursday, May 14, 2009

My First Post

So here's my first post as a certified blogger. I am using a formula given to me by my wonderful Public Relations teacher, Shari. She told us to make a post on either a pet peeve, a favorite expression (a quote), or an issue that we feel strong about. I went with a quote:

"Sometimes you flush, and sometimes you bust, and when you're up it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down you never think you're going to be up again, but life goes on." - Ray Liotta's character from the movie Blow

This has always been a favorite quote of mine, and i use it quite often in my life, maybe too often. My friends can recite this line and they probably don't know where it comes from other than the fact that I say it a lot.

The point of this quote to me is to know that life will be hard at times, and that we have to take the good and the bad as they come, making the most of each.

I'm sure there are various versions of this quote, but I like the way it was said and delivered in the movie because it made it so much more personal for me.

The point is to not get down so much when life gets hard, and to enjoy it to the maximum when it's good. People should live in and for the moment, but also realize that life can change immediately with no warning. Don't fear this, be ready for it.

An opposition to this quote is to really take good and bad times in life seriously, maybe life does not go on meaning we should dwell on the bad and really focus on correcting it.

LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST!

4 comments:

  1. We are only here for so long so make the most of what you got. The world is an amazing thing, see as much of it as you possibly can. But always remember, as the great Tom Cruz once said, "The sweet is never as sweet without the sour."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good quote. And yes, life goes on. People go through tough times and sometimes feel hopeless. I think that this quote is always personal and can be interpreted in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very positive quote. We should live the life the fullest even when we encounter good or bad times. It doesn't make sense to dwell or complaint about the bad times. We should look forward and reach for the best. Hope you always have a positive spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote. It reminds me of the saying "This too shall pass.." Many times, it is these simple quotes and affirmations that help me through tough times. Especially at this point in my life. With college ending, many of us are graduating, and we are filled with uncertainty, optimism, excitement, and the occasional disappointment. Thus, when life knocks you down, I will do my best to remember, Life goes on, and this too shall pass. Best of luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete