Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Last Semester at SFSU

Wow, college is over. I feel really weird writing and thinking that, mainly because it doesn't seem real to me. It certainly didn't seem possible many times throughout my college years. There were the usual ups and downs, but I made it through.

This last semester has been a particularly interesting one for me. I went to EVERY class (except two), but that is easily my best attendance for a semester. I didn't outscore my highest grade percentage for a semester, which surprised me because of my attendance. I thought that if someone regularly attends class then their high grade would be a reflection of that. Compare that to someone getting straight A's and showing up 70% of the time.

I worked with some really cool people, and all 4 of my groups got along really well, and we created and presented top notch projects, including a marketing plan for Sony, a study involving Brian Solis and his Conversation Prism, a strategic analysis of hi5 Networks, and a debate on the con side on the US government implementing a gasoline tax in order to build a modern mass transit system. I would not be blogging right now if it wasn't for my Public Relations class, which I guess could be renamed "Introduction to ALL Things Social Media (The New PR)."

All in all, I am a mix of many feelings as of the moment: excited, nervous, accomplished, wild, enthralled, and even some senses of fright; but all these can be summed up into one noun: graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment